Thursday 6 October 2011

OK, so three princesses walk into a bar...

(c) Di Byers, 2011
Did I mention that I was (am, am going to be) in King Lear? Well, I expect I did, but here anyway to prove it is a photo of me with some of the other actors. I'm the one in the white dress, looking stern in an I'm-taking-myself-terribly-seriously kind of way... Yes, Cordelia, how did you guess?

I am also playing the Fool, which is fun too. I get to make lots of rather dirty jokes, not to mention do a brilliant impression of a horse eating buttered hay. (Confused at first, then dubious, then won over by the idea and thoroughly over-excited, since you ask. All in an unmistakeably equine fashion. It'll be worth seeing the play just for that... Promise.)

So today I was going to blog about the Internet and the fact that it's a Good Thing, after all... but I started and then realised it was going to take longer than I'd planned to write it. So I thought, nah, put that on hold, something with a picture would be better. And since pretty much all my time is taken up with rehearsals at the moment, King Lear sprang to mind.

This photo was posed, I hasten to add. For the local paper. Which hopefully will go some way to explaining why it looks so... odd. And why Lear's court has mysteriously been transformed to a cave. (Possibly a mystic cave.)

Never trust a man in a fur jerkin, that's my motto.

2 comments:

  1. Hello :)

    I just wanted to say that this morning I sacrificed my one lie in of the week to get up and finish reading the final third of Tyme's End. I think I was actually dreaming about it.
    You really are a superb writer, you know, and both this book and The Traitor Game are very real and very alive stories. I know this is a bit of a random place to write this, but I couldn't find a way to send you an email. Perhaps you should have a 'click here to send me fabulous fan mail' link. Perhaps if you do I'll send you something longer saying why I thought Tyme's End was super, but for now maybe you'll feel pleased thinking of me going through the day slightly knackered after late night/early morning reading.

    :D

    Elin
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a lovely comment - imagine me grinning like an idiot... :) I'm so glad you enjoyed it. And for it to be worth a lie-in - well, that's probably one of the highest compliments I've had! Thanks.

    I am actually at this very moment trying to work out how to create a "click here to send me fabulous fan email" link.

    ReplyDelete